Sunday 20 October 2013

My first week back

So the course has changed quite a bit. Not only because I am now a second year student but also because the course was moved to a whole new building with new lecturers to boot. With a syntec tablet suit, new life drawing, modelling rooms and labs. There is a lot more room to work in.

For game production our first project is to create a scene of trash. We were then given tutorials on projection mapping and how to efficiently use it. Which was something I continuously wanted to be shown the year previously but was never given the opportunity to. We also began trying to use the cloth modifier to create bin bags. On top of that I was able to quickly get back into using 3ds Max, so overall game production seems to be going well.



For my first weeks visual design project I had to draw at abbey park. On top of creating traditional thumbnails we also had to create digital ones. Moving into colour was quite a big step for me as I'm not very clued up on picking the right tones.
So I began with my traditional sketches.



I then moved on to digitizing my sketches.

For my final I wanted to experiment with turning a grey scale into colour. So I picked the top grey scale thumbnail to try and colour and refine.


















There are still extra details I need to add to it. It also probably needs more contrast. But I have a lot of fun experimenting with layers and creating my own brushed with this piece so I still find it successful even though it may not be visually pleasing. I may go back and do a second final for the project based on another thumbnail. But for now I need to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment