Wednesday 24 April 2013

Life drawing

I had done a little life drawing before going to university. A group of local artists where I lived organised to meet on Thursdays during summer and draw. When I first joined however I did not know about the positioning rules and had to try and tackle for shortening off the bat and it didn't end well. Yet the practice helped me a lot and made me a little more confident when starting life drawing at university.



Beginning each session with quick sketches and contours practice without looking at the paper and drawing with your opposite hand was completely new to me however. It helped me try to quickly get her form down on paper.


  
Using charcoals, inks and chalks was also new to me and great to experiment with. Tough messy each give a very unique effect on the paper.

Charcoal extrusion work was also very new to me, but a very fun was of working. Allowing the artist to continually add and take away values made the process very fun and gave a completely different effect. Also allowing me to get a better understanding of shadow and highlights as I struggle quite a bit with them.

 

 I'm slowly beginning to understand proportions and for shortening but I'm still making many mistakes and working to slowly.Hopefully that will all come with practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment